Cooking is chemistry. There's no way around it. Every time you boil water, add salt, or mix salad dressing, you're creating a chemical reaction. Luckily, knowing a bit more about how those reactions happen can help you create some truly tasty dishes. Here are 10 ways to use science to make your food sing.
1. For the Perfect Saltiness, Know When to Salt
2. Baking Soda and Baking Powder, Sans the Baking
3. Raw Eggs Without the Risk
4. Unstink Your Fish
5. Lettuce Leaves With Less Wilting
6. Lemons, Lemons, Lemons
7. Cut Your Potatoes for Optimum Crispness
8. Cut Your Carb Calories
9. Don't Add Oil to Pasta Water
10. Chill Beverages in 5 Minutes Flat
Written by Ashley Hamer May 14, 2018
Wake up with the smartest email in your inbox.
Our Best Articles Daily